As we have all have some important files kept in our computer at some place which is deep inside any folder which we don’t want anyone to know about it. But sometimes in hurry we forgot to clear the recent history and even if we clear the recent history the file explorer history remains their by which anyone can get to our file.So to clear the recent and explorer history immediately after closing the window you can follow the very simple steps:-
- open the run by ‘windows+r’ shortcut and type ‘gpedit.msc‘.
- now go to user configuration and select administrative templates from it.
- open the start menu and taskbar option from it.
- After opening it you will see a file named ‘Clear history of recently opened documents on exit.’
- open the file and change settings from not configured to enable. and save the settings.
In this way you can configure your windows to automatically clear the recent history.