Sometime you get annoyed by the persons who ask for your laptop when you are doing some important work just to visit social sites and you are unable to refuse them. so, for that situation you should know how to block a site. so that if he takes your laptop next time he will not be able to reach that site and gives your system back.
To block a site you should know How this works and should have information about what I.P is?
I.P (internet Protocol) is the protocol /method of sending message from one computer to other computer. Each computer in world connected to internet is assigned a unique identity known as ip address. And there are some reserved ip’s for different purposes from which a ip ‘127.0.0.1’ is reserved known as loopback ip use to address the same machine(local host).To block a site we use this ip. To Block follow These Simple Steps.
- Open the ‘C’ drive (in which window is installed).
- Then Follow the Path “C:WindowsSystem32driversetc”
- Now in etc folder open properties of the host file, then go to security and select the current user and select edit down below it to edit the permissions.
- After that a new pop-up window will appear from which give it full control. to edit file. and select ok.
- now open the Hosts file in notepad. The file will look like
- now in the end of all text in file type ‘127.0.0.1 http://www.google.com’ on the place google type the name of site which you want to block.
After following these steps if you try to open the site in browser it will not open and leads it back to your system until you does not remove the site from that list.