Security is a major threat now a days. There are number of softwares available online to hide/protect your passwords.But you can also hide your important passwords in notepad using command prompt.Yes, you can hide text in notepad using command prompt and no one can see your data by opening that text file.On opening that file it will look like a simple text file with no data or fake data which you want to show to peoples but in it, there is your hidden data and you can it back.
To hide and see your data just follow these simple steps:-
- Open command prompt as administrator by searching it and selecting run as administrator after right click on it. or apply shortcut command ‘window key+x’ and then select’command prompt(Admin)’
- Now open the root directory where you want to create file.Example:- as i want to create file in drive d. so, to open drive d type command ‘d:’.
- Now type command “notepad hemendra.txt:hidden“. here hemendra is the name of file.
- A new window will appear asking to create a new file in which select ‘yes’ and then type the text in the notepad file which you want to hide.
- After entering the data in file close the file and save it.Now the file can be seen in the root drive graphically but when you open it there will be no data in the file .all of your data will be hidden.
Now to see your data back follow the same steps till opening the root drive in command prompt (follow till step 2).Then type command ‘notepad hemendra.txt:hidden’. and the data will be shown to you in notepad. after editing the data in file save changes to the file and quit command prompt.
Now you can add some unimportant data to the file graphically so that no one will delete that file or will not have any concern about the blank file.